Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happenings on the Mountain. Life on the mountain can get a little crazy. As some of you know, we've just come through a huge fire not far from my house. I'm SO grateful for all the prayers and concern for my safety. Thanks to God's grace and power we were spared on my side of the main highway. Others, towards the higher mountains, lost homes and alot of livestock. No lives were lost! God in His power caused the winds to cease after two very windy, hot days. Fires were brought under control. Then a light rain fell followed by 8 hours of snow. BUT if that wasn't enough, that same week around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday we had a 4.7 earthquake. The epicenter was just over the hill from me! As my dear friend, Marilyn McBroom McKnight said, "It was a Shake 'n Bake week!" All is calm again. Now we wait for the Spring rains to arrive....